I haven't had a chance to post about what we've really been up to lately. (Besides taking care of 3 busy little girls.) Many of you probably know. But we bought a house and we're moving in a month! We almost had a contract on our house (rent-to-own) but it fell through at the last moment last week. So back to square one. I was sure hoping that would be the end of having to show the house! Not to mention the security that would come from not having to pay two mortgages.
We will only be moving about 10-15 minutes southeast of where we live now. We're excited because the schools are wonderful. We love the neighborhood and there is a pool down the street - yeah! The backyard is large and has a big willow tree in the back. The inside has 4 bedrooms plus an office for Greg in the back off of the kitchen. And the basement is finished with some extra rooms. I can't wait because I will get my very own room down there. I'm already packing some things up and designating them to go in "the room". It will be a sort of craft/multi-purpose room. My scrapbooking and stamping things that have been packed up since I've had kids will go down there - and maybe I will actually start using them again! We'll put a table down there and the girls will be able to do some fun projects there too. No more messing up the kitchen table! Anyways, the true test will be if we can keep the house clean. Yikes.
Speaking of cleaning...we've been busy cleaning...(Had to take a photo of our room since it was actually clean for once!)

...doing some landscaping...Greg helped bury our sump pump line in the back and added fresh mulch and plants to the front. I took this first picture to show how much hard work he is doing :-)


...having a garage sale...(Where Elizabeth took quite the pictures!) She got some great ones of the things we were selling, but I'll spare you those. Here's a cute one she took of Julia. And then one that my mom took of the girls hanging out in their little chairs.


...playing outside with the neighborhood kids...we'll sure miss them!

...and road tripping it to Michigan on the tails of Daddy's business trip...Greg had some business in Detroit, so we went with him and visited my Grandma Gaskell for an afternoon. We had a wonderful visit! Great-Grandma and Elizabeth and Molly had a fun time reading together. And Great-Grandma helped Elizabeth read quite a few words by herself! We were also glad to be able to pay a quick visit to my step-grandmother who is not doing too well health-wise.


6 comments:
Sorry that the contract fell through!! But, your house looks super, SUPER CLEAN! ;)
Todd told me that you guys bought a house and when I tried to get more info from him I couldn't 'cause he is a man and they don't appreciate things like that. Anyhow, congrats!!! I'm so excited for you. It does look similar to my house. Are you going to be in the ward still?
So many fun things happening! Good luck with your move and hooray for you getting your own room!
How exciting! Your new house looks beautiful!! I hope you get to move in and get settled soon.
Sorry to hear the rent-to-own fell through...but we are excited for you and your new house!
congratulations on the new house, Greg and Amy! With all those little girls turning into big girls, you will need the extra bathrooms! :)
Post a Comment