Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Thank you, thank you

I want to thank all of you who have been so helpful to our family over the past 10-11months that I haven't felt well. And, in particular, the past few weeks when I have felt especially unwell. I can't begin to express our gratitude for your service and love. From dear friends who check on me and let me borrow clothes until I can figure out what size I REALLY need! To people who have taken such good care of the children and the mess in the home :-) To friends and family far away who have called and offered strength and support. And countless other thoughtful acts of service.

To those of you who are not here and who don't really know what has gone on...well, someday I'll write a book ;-) But for now, suffice it to say that after having Anna my body decided it wasn't too hip on digesting food. It eventually caused me to be bedridden at times and not be able to get up or talk. It would get better after a time of resting and then get bad again, and the cycle continued. Dr. after Dr. and blood test after blood test left little to understand. After some time of collecting data we did find out that I had Candida (a yeast overgrowth that can cause lots of unwanted effects in the body including digestive "stuff") and also many food allergies. My body basically was not tolerating much food at all and after thinking that things were getting better in Sept/Oct, I got worse. As helpful as my Dr.'s and other practitioners have tried to be, we came to the end of the road with most of them. People were stumped. The good news is this...I had one more hope of a Dr. to try who had been recommended to me by more than one person on more than one occasion. I was able to see her yesterday and I really believe she is the answer to our prayers. That the Lord sent her to me at the critical moment. She is the only person that has said, "I see what is happening, I have treated other chronic cases similar to this, this is what we are going to do..just trust me." It is super hard to explain everything in this post - especially because I am about typed out :-) But there is hope and we are finally getting things into my body that it truly needs to heal. It has only been a day and I can feel that my body is responding positively. One step at a time, I know. Things won't be better overnight. My body has been suffering for so long that it will be a process. But I must thank all of you for your faith and prayers thus far, as I know that they have been critical in me even getting to this point. I feel blessed to have such good friends, family and ward family who have supported me and Greg and our girls. Thank you, thank you. I can't wait to get my health and energy back so I can go forth and serve as you have so kindly served me.

6 comments:

Holli said...

Amy! I'm glad you have so much help with all you have going on. Have you talked to Marlise? She has had candida for years. You should talk to her - she has tons of info on what has helped her! Take care! Glad to hear you are finding something that is working for you!!

Amy Franklin said...

What great news! I was planning on coming over to see you tomorrow...I'll give you a call first. I am so glad that this may be the turning point! Can't wait to hear more details!

Katie said...

Amy,
I am so glad to hear that there really IS someone that can help you or at least go the extra mile to get you well.
Let me know if you need anything or if Greg needs anything or the girls. Can't wait to have them over tonight!

rachel said...

Wow Amy, I had no idea you were going through all of this. I will keep you in my prayers, and I really hope that this doctor has the answer for you! Best wishes!

Jenn said...

Amy, I know that I'm not too close by, but if you happen to deal with gluten or dairy food allergies, I'd be more than happy to pass along my knowledge. We've dealt with these for about 3 years now. Best of luck! Jenn

Chatty Family said...

Amy, you are in our prayers. Looking forward to seeing your progress on the path of recovery. Let us know if we can help.