Anna is our cute, spunky, and fiercely independent 2 year old. If the girls need something done, they often ask Anna (oranges peeled, hard packages opened). She is constantly going in the pantry or refrigerator or freezer and getting her own food. She can prepare it herself too. The other day Anna got the eggs and cheese out of the fridge and brought them to me, saying that she wanted to make scrambled eggs. I got out a pan and turned on the stove and she literally did the rest without me coaching her. She got out the small glass bowl I always use for whisking eggs and picked out her favorite spatula (after refusing the one that I got out for her) and she explained to me exactly how to hold the pan so she didn't touch the hot parts. She even cracked the eggs without getting pieces of the shell into the bowl.
The other day I got out the ingredients to make myself a salad. I then got distracted and when I walked back into the kitchen Anna was standing at the counter with a glass bowl full of salad in her hands. "Mom, I made your salad. Here you go." She had gotten a bowl for me and put chunks of everything that she saw out on the counter into the salad (not all of which was slated to go into the salad). Half a lemon, a huge chunk of garlic, half of a carrot and some cherry tomatoes. At least she got me started :-)
Love that girl.
Friday, November 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment