The weekend of April 13th Molly took her first steps! She hasn't walked more than 1/2 the length of a room yet, but she IS taking steps. So very exciting.
The next week we enjoyed some nice days where we spent some time playing outside. One day we were across the street and Molly was sitting on the floor of my neighbor's garage playing with her phone. My neighbor and I noticed at the same time that she was dialing some buttons, so I went to pick the phone up from her, when she started screaming and batting at her face and neck. We didn't know what was wrong and it was pretty scary. I picked Molly up and held her in my arms and she was still just flailing and going crazy like she was hurt. I started to look around in the places where she was hitting. Finally I set her down and saw a bee on her arm. I felt relieved to know for sure what it was. I took her inside to try and locate the sting and I found it on her neck and upper back - twice! Poor girl! I called the Dr. because, embarassingly enough, I knew nothing about bee stings. I can't ever remember having one (although my mom told me the other day that I have had one before). And we spent all last summer batting away bees and no one in the neighborhood ever got stung. Then little Molly minding her own business gets stung. Anyways, she got over it quickly and it was nothing serious. No allergies, just a little redness and swelling and it was done.
Last weekend we took Elizabeth to get her haircut. We took her last summer and with a little prodding and distraction we were able to get her haircut then. We tried again around Thanksgiving time and it absolutely did not work. Nothing we did or nothing we offered her worked. So finally we decided to try again. (I had taken a shot at cutting it a couple of months ago - and it helped - but I have no idea what I am doing and I know her hair still needed some help ;-) This time she was still scared and did not like the idea of going, but we could talk her through it and prep her and offer her some rewards for doing it. We got there and she was pretty shy, but quickly warmed up to the place since it is such a fun, kid-friendly atmosphere. The bubbles REALLY helped. And I think it helped that we offered to get her a balloon, take her to Wendy's for chicken nuggets (which is a treat), and take her for a bike ride afterwards. I'd say that was quite the package deal!!! Anyways, she did great and came away with a cute little bob. I was kind of sad to get rid of the hair, but it looks so clean and cut and cute that it was OK.
Otherwise, things are extremely busy around here. We have a wedding reception this week, then Greg's official graduation day is next weekend, followed by my little brother Andrew's wedding at the end of May. So lots of things going on!!!!
I'll post pictures soon. Our camera is in desperate need of an upgrade, so the excitement of taking pictures is low around here. Sometimes Greg will borrow the nice camera from work, and that is how we get some decent pictures. Hopefully the camera purchase will rise up to the top of our priority list soon. It's pretty high up there, but not quite at the very top yet.
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment