Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Baby #3!

Some of you may know this, but we are now expecting baby #3. I can't believe it myself! When we decided that it was time to start trying again to get pregnant, I knew it was the right thing to do. But I was still overwhelmed with the idea. As usual, my friend Priscilla had been through this same scenario and she talked me through it as she gently reminded me of her recent experience. She got pregnant with her last baby when her youngest was less than a year. At that point, her little one was starting to get around and get into things -and was at the beginning of that stage where you feel like you are constantly on their tails because of everything they are getting into. I was feeling so, so busy with Molly and overwhelmed at how much she was getting into that I just couldn't fathom bringing another one into the world at that point! But the wise advice was, "A lot can happen in 9 months!" Those little ones really grow up and, although they are still active and getting into things, you as a mother are more adjusted to this stage and feel more capable of handling things. So I took the leap of faith, and lo and behold, she was right! I am already adjusting to this stage of Molly's and feeling like it will be possible to handle another one. (OK, maybe not completely ready, but I will be ready in about 7 months :-)

So I am now in the middle of my 10th week. And the reason for the timing of this post is that we had an ultrasound yesterday. It made everything so real! It doesn't matter how many babies you have, there is always this surreal feeling when you are first pregnant. Like it doesn't feel very true. Especially when you don't feel well, can't feel the baby in your tummy yet, and haven't gained much weight to show for. And then you see it and it is amazing and makes everything real. This little one was even moving around! It was so fun to see the little critter. Greg keeps calling it a "he". I guess in hopes that if he calls it that, it really will be that! Of course we would love a boy, but will be happy with a healthy little boy or girl.

The due date is December 9th. We'll keep you posted! (As I hear lots of noise and run to find out what Molly is into!!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Amy and Greg. Here's hopin' for a boy!!