Sunday, May 20, 2007

The end of a 6 day trip

Well, we have almost officially survived a 6-day trip! (On the heels of a shorter 3-day one.) Greg will come home from Connecticut tomorrow morning and we all can't wait! Especially Elizabeth. After dinner, she got up on the couch and was lying in my lap. She said - out of the blue - "I like daddies, not mamas." Well, after 6 days of just mommy, I can appreciate that! Especially when mommy has been very extra tired the last couple of days and hasn't been so much fun.

Posting this reminds me that I have been meaning to post a couple of cute things that Elizabeth has said lately. I usually write them down on scrap pieces of paper and then eventually compile them all into my running document. I'll just tell you a couple of the extra cute ones. About a month ago I came downstairs and Elizabeth seemed so excited to tell me something. "Mama, Mama", she said. "I'm going to be a mother when I grow up and have blue eyes just like you!" Melt my heart! I asked Greg if he said something that may have encouraged her to say that. He hadn't. Then yesterday we had our church's missionaries over for dinner. Elizabeth and Molly just love it when they come over. Especially the sisters. We are so lucky to have 4 of them in our ward (church congregation) right now! Anyways, they asked Elizabeth if she wanted to be a missionary when she grew up and she said, "No, I want to be a mother." Before they left, though, she was telling them she wanted to be a missionary just like them.

Also, about a month ago, Elizabeth was having a conversation with her friend, Kaylin. Kaylin was getting ready to move and we had gone over to her house to play. When we were ready to leave they had this precious conversation! It went something like this (keeping in mind that we both live in homes that were built less then 2 years ago). Kaylin says, "Ebizabeth, we're moving into a NEW house. This house is OLD." Then Elizabeth says, "Kaylin, I'm going to miss you. Maybe I'll come visit you in your new house." I was laughing hysterically after Kaylin made her comment, then immediately got tears in my eyes when Elizabeth told Kaylin she would miss her. Just to see two little 3 year olds interacting like that, and to watch Elizabeth lean in to Kaylin and talk with her cute hand motions - just like she is genuine and sincere about what she is saying. Anyways, Elizabeth still talks about Kaylin as if she will see her soon. She always talks about the "different" house that she lives in now, but doesn't quite realize that it is in Wisconsin. They were seriously two peas in a pod. I think I miss her being Elizabeth's playmate more than Elizabeth does!!! But, on the positive side, Elizabeth is having fun with her other friends in the neighborhood. She has had a chance lately to play with them a lot and is always saying that she loves to play with her friends.

No comments: