
We spent the day Saturday with Heather and John Paul at Heather's parent's house in Morgantown. The girls absolutely loved Heather's dog, Raven.

The girls were great travelers, considering we traveled practically the whole state of West Virginia! Here is Elizabeth sporting Dad's sunglasses.

And Molly sporting Dad's baseball cap...

Our 2nd two nights in W. Va. were spent at a chalet near the New River. (No we didn't river raft, but hear that is the best place for it!) Down the street - right near the bridge over the New River gorge - was a nice playground. Another lady and I were getting a kick of how the slide made the girls hair stand up straight. They loved this slide and couldn't stop going down it. I thought they were going to fall right off the side, they came down so fast!!!


The girls had an absolute blast at the state fair. The over-all favorite was the merry-go-round (just because that's the only one Molly could ride). I thought this 2nd pix was cute because the girls were both looking up - at something - probably the fancy ceiling. Greg looks confused, but I think I remember that he was just talking to me - asking me to hand him the camera.


I was in shock that Elizabeth actually got on the ferris wheel and had a smile on her face the whole time! She is much braver than I was as a child. I was deathly afraid of dogs and heights - and she has no problem with either one!

She rode this one all by herself and loved it - waving everytime time she passed. Although she freaked out when the little Latino ride operator tried to help her in and out of the ride. She has this fear of strangers lately, and will throw an extreme fit when a stranger tries to help her with something. Interesting to me what she is afraid of and what she has no fear of.

The girls loved the animals. We saw sheep, pigs, horses, cows, etc... Although they both were a little shy with the sheep at first - probably because they had never seen one before.

I had to add this picture. This was taken a couple of days after we got home - mostly because I thought it was cute that they had outfits with coordinating colors. (Not done on purpose.) We had been having some rough days trying to adjust back from our trip. The girls were both in time-out and Daddy came upstairs after he heard the commotion. They were just done with the time-out, so he put them both on his lap and sat on the stairs. They were immediately happy as can be. So yesterday, as Elizabeth and I were looking through the photos right after I downloaded them, she commented on this one..."Mommy, that's Daddy telling us to be patient girls." I don't know if she completely understands the word "patient", but at least she heard what he said! :-)

3 comments:
It looks like you had a great time! What was the reason behind the trip?
I'll have to post the story. But long story short...we went there for Heather's wedding reception - then Greg turned it into a business trip by adding the West Virginia state fair to our itinerary. (Since he needed to check it out to see if it would be a good venue for Vitamix.) We never made it to the reception (that's the long, crazy story), so at least we had already planned to spend Saturday with Heather and her husband. You're right though, we did end up having a good time!
https://www.cekaja.com/info/11-makanan-tinggi-kolesterol/
Post a Comment