I will post pictures and stories from our West Virginia trip soon. But I thought I would post some cute "Elizabeth-isms" since I haven't posted for a while.
Elizabeth called our hotel a "show and tell". By the time we moved to our 2nd hotel (really a chalet in the woods, but she still considered it a hotel), she was calling it a "ho and tell". Hmmm, not necessarily better :-) Today when talking about the trip she did call it a hotel. Whew, we got it!
A couple of weeks ago Elizabeth and I were talking about the baby in my tummy. She asked me, “Mommy, how is the baby going to come out? Is it just going to CRACK out?” (Using a loud voice and dramatic hand motions to describe how the baby might “crack out”.) Then she asked me, “What are you and Daddy going to name the baby?” I told her that we didn’t know yet. And she said, “Mommy and Daddy, you need to sink, sink, sink.” (Think, think, think.) So cute to hear what is going on in the mind of a 3 yr. old!
The latest is Elizabeth's declaration that, "Mommy, I want to be a firefighter when I grow up and Molly wants to be a police officer."
We went to Wal-Mart before starting home to get a sticker/activity book for Elizabeth for the trip. All she wanted to look at was the other side of the isle filled with stuffed animals. She needs a stuffed animal like she needs a hole in the head, but saw some stuffed dogs and kept asking for one. After saying "no" a few times and trying to tell her that we were there to buy a fun book for the ride home (to no avail), Greg finally said, "You already have a stuffed dog, Elizabeth." She said, "No I don’t." Greg said, "Yes you do, you have your dog Nuffy." She immediately retorted, "He’s too short." Gotta love her. She has an answer for everything!
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment