I love the beautiful, bright colors of the tree in our front yard! Yesterday, Greg and the girls went out to rake. And not necessarily because the whole yard was so, so full of leaves, but so they could have the fun of raking and making piles to jump in. The girls loved it!




I remember raking leaves as a family when I was little, and even though I'm sure it was pulling teeth for my parents to actually get us to help, I have fond memories of that type of work day. When Greg suggested a while back that we look into buying a leaf blower, I couldn't agree because I wanted to be able to create those same memories I had as a child. I'm all for some of the modern conveniences that make today's jobs easier (I'd love to have a snowblower), but the leaf blower wouldn't be one of them. There's nothing like a good old-fashioned rake :-)

1 comment:
I had forgotten how vivid the colors are there in Ohio. I miss that.
Post a Comment