Thursday, November 06, 2008

The New President of the United States

Tuesday night I checked in early, so I wasn't able to find out final results of the election. The next morning I varied from our normal routine a bit. Instead of helping with breakfast right away, I came to the computer and asked Elizabeth to help herself and Molly get some cereal. (Greg was out-of-town.) I was on the computer for a few minutes, then proceeded to finish helping the girls get their breakfast. When I walked into the kitchen and started to help Molly said, "Mommy, you're a big helper." I said, "You girls are the big helpers. Thanks for getting your breakfast while Mommy checked the computer. I was checking to see who just became the new President of the United States." Molly immediately said, "Santa?" Obviously this was the first time we had talked anything remotely close to politics with them. And since I am pretty conservative, and the message of "hope" and "change" didn't really resonate with me considering Obama's very liberal voting record in the Senate, Santa is sounding like a really good choice to me right now :-)

3 comments:

Julie said...

HI- I second that notion!

Loni said...

That is cute. Too bad Santa's not around.

Rebecca Banner said...

I like the Santa choice too.