Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Christmas Tree - Part 1





Everybody bundled up for Christmas tree shopping



Getting warm inside while waiting for the Christmas tree. And petting the in-store kitty cat.


Yes, that is Greg making a face for the camera.


We have had a small artificial tree since we were first married. This year we decided it was time for something bigger. We explored the idea of buying a bigger artificial tree (pre-lit because putting on lights is Greg's least favorite part). But we finally decided to go buy the real thing. I have such great memories of having real Christmas trees in our house growing up. Picking one out was always fun too. First, Greg and I were both excited about the prospect of going to a Christmas tree farm and cutting one down. But in the interest of time, we ended up going to a local gardening store and buying a pre-cut one there. Despite the fact that it was so dark (not well-lit) and we couldn't see some of the trees very well, not to mention how freezing cold it was, we had a pretty successful trip. Our task tonight is to decorate. So that will be part 2. Yeah!

Thanksgiving P.S.
I didn't mean to completely skim over Thanksgiving. But I originally thought that we didn't have any pictures. Then I just now found some of Julia opening presents on a 2nd disc that we had been using that I had forgotten about. So that's next! (Later today/tomorrow because I've just finished taking advantage of a nice playtime where everyone got along for a considerable amount of time! Thanks girls! :-)

2 comments:

Rebecca Banner said...

This post was so fun, it almost makes me want to go and do a live tree this year. Almost. :)

TisforTonya said...

my hubby can't imagine anything but a live tree... and yes - the lights are ALWAYS the worst part... well, maybe getting it to stand straight is tied!

(oh, this is Tonya - an OLD friend of Greg's from CO - saw the link on facebook and had to check it out... I have a little bit of a blog addiction :)