
and I guess that's OK - considering we'll have another one in just two and a half short months. But it is just amazing to me how much Julia has grown and changed in the past two months. Not only developmentally, which I will talk about in a minute here, but her eyes have even changed color and she looks much different. When she was born - and for quite a few months - she didn't seem to resemble her sisters, or even Greg, so much. Many people said that she looked like a Perkins (my family). But once her eyes changed from a grayish-blue color to a brownish color, all of the sudden I started hearing comments that she looked just like her sisters or her Daddy.
Above is Julia "walking" with her little walker. I say "walking" because she is just starting to master this skill, so she does more standing with it than walking so far. But she loves it and I'm sure she will be walking on her own before we know it. She started crawling a little later than the other girls - at 10 months - but since then it seems there have been changes every week in her mobility. She can pull herself up onto anything now, as well as walk anywhere as long as she can hold onto something. She has a sudden interest in the stairs (yikes, how quickly we forget about this stage) and I have to be constantly on-guard now.
Just in the past few days she has started clapping and pointing. Her fingers are so petite and cute! She is showing more emotion, and is starting to show signs of toddlerhood. When she is upset that she can't do something or have something, she has been known to throw herself down on the floor (from her crawling position - so not too far :-) She is actually more mild-mannered than either of the other two at this age, but she's still #1 a girl and #2 approaching toddlerhood.
Finally, Julia is discovering that she can get into things. Oh joy. In addition to finding the toilet paper, she also did this today...

She emptied most of a box of Kleenex, then just left the big fluffy pile of Kleenex to go play with her toys. The fun of it for her was simply the process of pulling out the Kleenex. At least it was salvageable and not all torn up! Greg informed me that she did the same thing with the baby wipes yesterday. All of this said, Julia seems to be very cautious, just as Elizabeth was at this age. When she sees something new, her way of discovering it is to look at it for a few seconds, then touch it ever so lightly for another few seconds, and usually she is satisfied and moves on by then. We have loved every minute of this past year, having Julia with us. Her 1st birthday is on Thursday, so more on Julia later this week!

5 comments:
I also have been thinking she looks more like Greg! I can't believe that someone so little is doing all these big girls things! She is such a cutie.
All three girls have changed so much in their latest pictures. We can't wait to see them later this month. Josh's 4th birthday is tomorrow, on Julia's 1st. He seems so grown up all of a sudden. No more little grandbabies in our family circle!
Ahh!! She is growing up too fast! We are so proud of her "walking" abilities..she's a star! Can't wait to start feeling better so we can start on your kitchen!! ;)
What a cutie!! I was so surprised when you posted the updated pics - they all look so different-so much older than I picture them in my head. I hope Julia has a fantastic first bday. Ya know, Thursday is Josh's bday too! I didn't realize they had the same bday.
She reminds me of my Olivia - loving the new mobility, and into everything. I love the pictures of your family on the sides, etc.
Post a Comment