Monday, June 15, 2009

Camping in the backyard

So Greg, Elizabeth, and Molly are in a tent in the backyard as we speak. It was so cute to see the girls get so excited about "camping". Greg was all set to watch a movie on his i-pod in case the girls went to sleep earlier and he had some time to himself. But he just emailed me (it's 10:00 pm) and they were still awake. So the verdict is still out on whether they will be showing up to sleep inside or whether they will spend the night in the tent. Either way, I think they've already had a great time and I'm sure they will be begging to sleep outside again soon!


On their way to the campsite!


Ready to read some books by flashlight.

These pictures are a little dark and blurry because I took them on the zoom setting, but I had to include them because they tell the story of how excited Elizabeth was to help set-up camp.  She made about 3 trips from the tent in the back of the yard to inside to get some stray things. Here she is starting off.  Probably saying to Greg in her enthusiastic voice, "I'll be back!"

Now she's running back with a couple of pillows and making sure that I knew that she would be back to get the blue pillow because she could only carry two at a time.

She came back for the blue pillow.  And then even came back a 3rd time for a lantern and a couple of other things.  As she arrived back to the tent for the final time and was within earshot of the tent, she excitedly yelled to Greg, "Do you have the tent all ready?"  She really, really is loving this and it was so fun to watch!  

It is now 10:15 and there is word that the girls are asleep.  I think I'll follow suit!

2 comments:

Lester Family said...

How fun! If we hadn't had rainstorms for the last 2 weeks we may have done the same thing. We had to settle for setting the tent up inside last Friday night.

Katie said...

So cute! I want to know how it ended...did they stay outside? ;)