

I received a phone call from my dad last night that my Grandma Perkins had passed away yesterday afternoon. After 96 long years of life. We were expecting her to pass soon - she had been in hospice care for about a week. But it still brings tears to my eyes to know that she will not be with us. Still - there couldn't be a better fitting day for such a kind, loving woman to be reunited with her Heavenly Father than Valentine's Day! I have been reminiscing upon my life with Grandma and what a wonderful woman that she was. Good, pure, kind, honest, wouldn't say a mean word about anyone. And I loved to be around her because she was so calm and quiet and that radiated to others and made them feel peaceful when they were with her as well. As much as we will miss her, Grandma was ready to be in the comforts of her Heavenly home. What a comforting thought to know that we will be with her again someday!
We love you, Grandma!

No comments:
Post a Comment