Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fun beginnings

Last week Elizabeth started Joy School and both Elizabeth and Molly started dance lessons.

My friend Loni's blog has a cute group picture of the kids after their first day of Joy School at our house. I took some pictures at snack time, but the lighting was horrible and I couldn't get everyone in the picture. So check this picture out! The kids had a great time and we're so excited to be going to Joy School again!

Elizabeth and Molly also couldn't wait to start dance lessons this past week. Here are our little ballerinas...



Elizabeth surprised me and went into class all by herself! I thought for sure I'd have to stay there for a couple of weeks because she gets pretty timid in groups of people when she doesn't know anyone. I even had to walk back in to give Elizabeth her tap shoes and she just looked at me while she did some hand motions - smiling from ear to ear. She loved it and the teacher said she did great.

Then came Molly's class. It's a Mom and Tot class, so I went with her. I didn't realize I was going to have an exercise class once a week! Seriously, I admit that I am sorely out of shape (and have been for the past 8-9 years), but we did jump and hop around quite a bit. Can't wait 'til I'm 36 weeeks pregnant and doing the same thing! I have to say, though, that little Molly did such a great job. She followed directions, answered questions, tried every dance move we were taught, and even ran on her tippy-toes with the best of them! I wish I had a video of it! She and Elizabeth love to wear a dress, twirl around on their tippy-toes and say "tippy-toes, tippy-toes". Well, all that practiced paid off. She seriously looked like a ballerina as she did some of those moves! I really couldn't believe I was watching a 2 year old. I have bragging rights and I can say - she really is good!

2 comments:

Katie said...

SO CUTE!! I am glad that they are enjoying the class. We'll have to get Livi in next time!

christina pettit said...

Amy,
I found your blog!
I haven't talked to you in 8 years, so I haven't seen any pictures of your beautiful family. Congratulations! It's been a long time sice BYU.
Christina Pettit