Thursday, September 11, 2008

HAPPY 36TH BIRTHDAY TO MY SWEETEST THING!!

When a blue eyed girl met a brown eyed boy, it was the sweetest thing!!

You mean the world to me. There are so many things I truly admire about you as a person, as my best friend and as my wife and partner for now and forever. You don't give up. You may get down but you are never out. I love that about you. That means you won't give up on the little arguments we have, but that also means you won't give up on the important things either. I love that about you.

You have a smile that lights up my whole world and the blue eyes that sparkle like diamonds. That is why I try to make you laugh so much with my quick wit and silliness. I love that about you.

You are the nicest person I've ever met who always can find the nice things about anybody, except maybe that Obama guy. I bet it comes from your parents. They are good people who raised a remarkable daughter and I feel blessed you are my own now. I love that about you.

You are cute in all the moments you aren't trying to be. You have conversations in your head and have me join in the middle of it, which is fun to try to guess who were talking about before we get to the end of the conversation. I love that about you.

You have the common sense to bring me down to earth when I am ready to get up and move without thinking it through and ready to get everything we want all right now!! You know how and when to gently nudge me in the right direction and you know when to get the baseball bat upside my head. While I don't understand it all the time in the middle of the heated moment, you still keep the course. I wouldn't change that about you for the world. I like you just the way you are because...I love that about you.

You help me grow as a person. You haven't let me stagnate in this relationship, always working to improve us and the girls, always concerned for what’s best for our family and future. I relax into things very easily and become complacent. You have kept me on the ball and expanding as a person. I love that about you.
I am the luckiest guy in the world and I love you Amy Elizabeth Lassen with everything I got!! Happy-happy birthday!! But I am the one who got the best gift, you!

I love you! Your husband for life and beyond…

3 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday AMY!!! Hope that you have a great day!

Unknown said...

Way to raise the bar on all of us guys Greg. I guess all I can say is, I hope Laura doesn't read this and get any ideas of what I should do for her birthday. ;)

It's great to hear that my sister is loved and respected for the wonderful person that I know she is.

Niles said...

At first I thought this was from Amy to Greg (because - obviously - what guy is that thoughtful?) and I was laughing because she got the age wrong and he's really 38; but then I realized that Greg wrote it, and I was totally impressed. Nicely done, Romeo.