Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Cute conversations

Here are some things I've jotted down in the past few months that Molly and Elizabeth have said. I thought I'd share because some of them are just so cute.

I was apologizing to Elizabeth that I was no fun - especially today because I felt sick. Elizabeth then said, "Well, Daddy is fun. You know even the little part that we don't like about Daddy?  Worky.  We don't like it when he has to go to work."

Molly - upon waking in the a.m.
“My face is hungry.”

Molly - Going to church past the grocery store on Sunday
“Why are all those cars following Satan?”
(Sidenote - She came up with that herself. :-)

Molly said “why” to a particular thing that I said. I answered “because” and she said, “No, mommy, I don’t want ‘because’, I want ‘why’!"

After scripture reading Molly said, “When is Jesus coming?”
Me - “We don’t know, we just know we need to get ready.”
Molly - “So we should clean up?”
Me - “Yes, that. And we need to try and be better people to prepare to meet Jesus.”
Molly - “When Jesus comes I don’t want to take him to the basement. It’s messy.”


Upon coming home after my haircut Molly said, “Mommy, you look different.” Elizabeth said something about my painted toenails. I lifted up my foot to show her and said, “Look how soft.” She asked, “How did your feet get so soft?” I explained. And then she said, “You're a regular person now.” I asked her what she meant by that and she said, “You don’t have old, crackly feet now.” :-)

I was walking alongside Molly who was riding her tricycle. She stopped and pointed to her wrist and said, "Mommy, do
you know what time it is?" "No, Molly", I said. "What time is it?" She responded, "It's time to go THAT way." (As she pointed straight ahead.) And off she rode.

Molly - "Mom, I'm frightened. What does that mean?"
Me - "It means scared."
Molly - "And terrified."

2 comments:

Julie said...

From the Mouth of Babes!!!

thekerrclan said...

Those comments are too cute! How are you feeling?