
Anyways, I had saved it as a draft because I was in the middle of working on posting the pictures - when I looked at the clock and realized it was time to leave for my Dr's appointment. I ran off, thinking I would finish this post on Tuesday night. Well, you know what ensued. Our beautiful little girl, Julia Mae, was born that night. And of course we've been a little preoccupied since then. I'm actually surprised I feel well enough - and have time - to blog so soon after her birth! I should probably be taking a nap. But heck. Julia sleeps so much at this stage of the game, I should have a million more chances, right??? :-) I'll post a few more pictures of her after I finish with these Christmas pix. On with my original post...
As you may imagine, this Christmas time has been more of a time of getting ready for baby than anything else. And even last Monday evening when we did have some Christmas activities planned (putting up the tree and other decorations), I was on the couch with a stomach bug and couldn't enjoy it as much as I would have liked. Nevertheless, I watched as Greg and the girls put up the tree and really felt the Christmas spirit as I listened to Christmas songs and watched my girls get so excited. I wished I could help. But as I look back on it, I also realize that it was probably good that I was forced to relinquish all control on the decorating matter. I think my family had more fun that way :-)






No mom telling them what to put up and what not to put up. Greg put up an old Santa Claus that I had sewn almost 10 years ago when I lived in Salt Lake and the girls love it. I wouldn't have chosen to put it up because of silly reasons - like it was old, didn't really match, etc. But it is the girls' favorite thing to see the Santa hanging on the door when they come down the stairs.

And the tree...what a potpourri of mismatched decorations. Molly was starting to take shiny balls and eat the paint. So those balls are all at the top and the others are just wherever Elizabeth and Molly wanted to put them. The bow never made it to the top because we wanted to buy a star, but that never happened. Not to mention we wanted to buy a new, bigger tree with new decorations this year, but decided to go for next year since being big and pregnant and only able to accomplish so much before having the baby. Anyways, I never thought I would just let it be like that (yes, admitting my anal, obsessive/compulsive side) but now I wouldn't have it any other way. Elizabeth turns on the lights every morning and they love to sit and watch the tree. Honestly, there was small blessing in me not being able to participate this year...I learned a lot! (Not promising that I'll never voice my opinion on the matter in years to come :-)




No comments:
Post a Comment