Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Dresses


I can never manage to take pictures on Sunday morning before church. The main reason is that Greg has early meetings. So I am a solo act on Sunday mornings. As you can imagine, I can barely even manage to get to church on time, let alone get some pictures taken before leaving. And even if I did have a minute, I would have no background entertainment to help keep my little, squirmy subjects still and smiling. Well, this past Sunday Greg came home after his meetings to pick the girls up for church. Since I was staying home with the baby and I didn't have to get myself ready, I was able to have the girls ready and already starting to take pix when Greg got home. He stepped right in for the entertainment part (singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" as he jumped up and down and peeked out behind me) and really made the girls smile with his antics. Yeah! And Molly even kept her hair bow in for more than a minute! (Even though she is leaning the opposite way and you can't really even see it.) Now, of course we didn't get the two of them seated close together in the perfect "we're sisters and we love each other" pose. But as soon as I had that thought, I did realize how irrational it was. I mean, what do I expect when there is a toddler involved? In fact, the one time we did try professional pictures we ended up going home empty-handed, so I should know better by now and be satisfied with the beautiful idiosynchrasies of pictures with small children :-) (Not to mention, since we have another child now, this picture of only the older two girls wasn't going to land on a Christmas card or anything...so here it is - famously posted on the blog.)

No comments: