
I just took this picture today. With the exception of the first night we came home from the hospital, Julia has been a little sleeping beauty. Enjoy the babymoon, right? :-)


We love it when Julia has her eyes open because it doesn't happen too terribly often. For those few moments, though, she is wide-eyed and alert and sometimes she will just lie there and look around for a while without making a peep. (Can you tell this is a new experience for us???!!!)

I had to add this picture, which was taken minutes after Julia was born. She's already practicing the pouty look!

This picture was also taken in the hospital when my mom and the girls first came to visit - the morning after Julia was born. My mom had made them these cute t-shirts and our photo shoot didn't produce any stellar pictures of them with the t-shirts showing. But you get the idea. They are very proud big sisters!




I had to post all these pictures of Elizabeth holding Julia. I couldn't just choose one, they are all so precious. The first 3 pictures were also taken when my mom and the girls first came to visit the hospital. Elizabeth immediately began kissing Julia's head and wouldn't stop. It was so sweet. Then the last picture was taken right after we got home. Elizabeth still can't get enough. She absolutely loves to hold Julia and keeps asking "When will I be big enough to hold Julia while I walk?"
On Sunday Julia found her thumb. She has actually resorted to it a few times already. I don't know if that means she will continue the practice. But for now it is really cute.

When the thumb didn't work, we resorted to this thing that dwarfs her little face. It is not her favorite. In fact, she has only kept it in her mouth a few times. Most times she gags on it and doesn't want anything to do with it.

Julia snuggling with Daddy

Hanging out on Mommy's lap

The Lassen girls

The other day I went upstairs for a few moments and left Julia sleeping downstairs. I came back down to check on Julia and found that Elizabeth had supplied her with plenty of toys/books/accessories. (I guess in case she were to wake up and need some entertainment...read a couple of books, pull another blanket over herself, and cuddle the teddy.)
GRANDMA TIME

We were so happy that Grandma Perkins could be with us and help for the first couple of days. And since I was able to come home from the hospital after 24 hours, we got to spend some of Thursday with her before she headed home.

I loved Julia's little smile in this picture! This was taken when Grandma Lassen came to visit and help out for the weekend. We were so sad to see them both go. Good food, a clean house, and a grandma to play with the girls and give them some grandma attention for a few days was a big help! Thanks Grandmas!
GRANDPA TIME


Grandma and Grandpa Perkins came up on Sunday so that Grandpa could meet his newest granddaughter too. (This makes 11 grandchildren - 6 girls and 5 boys - Julia pulled the girls ahead :-) Elizabeth and Molly loved bedtime stories read by Grandpa.

3 comments:
What a beauty. She's precious. I miss you.
These are great pictures! Julia has a beautiful smile. I love the Big Sister shirts that your Mom made - they're so cute! You have a lovely family.
Amy--I had to check out your new pictures. Th ones of Julia with her eyes open are beautiful!! Actually they all are. I can't wait to see her. Thanks for the fun talk today. See you tomorrow!!
Post a Comment