Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Welcome Julia Mae Lassen!


On Tuesday (December 4th) afternoon around 3:00PM Amy went to her bi-weekly scheduled appointment with the mid-wife. After a little testing found she was 3cm dilated and having high blood pressure. That is when I got the call sitting in my office in the basement with Elizabeth playing "Elmo" and Molly asleep..."Ready to have a baby?" "What, right now?!?!"

Well, little did we know that is was going to be a fast one (delivery)!

Amy had time to come back home, I called a family friend (THANKS Nancy!) to come over and watch the girls until Grandma Perkins can come up from Akron, grab me and some pillows and we were off to the hospital. We had time to get dressed get the IV going and around 6:00pm Amy had her water broke. An hour! later we have Julia born to us at 7:02pm with a little cry and whimper of WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!

Julia is absolutely beautiful (I am not just saying that!) weighing in at 5 lbs. 14 oz. and 18” long, a tiny little peanut!

Here's some early pictures, many more to come!

Very happy Mom & Dad!


Julia's sisters were instantly in love with their new sibling.


Grandma Perkins brought Julia's sisters in to see and got to hold the little peanut.

7 comments:

Lester Family said...

OH, She's so beautiful. I can't wait to meet her. Have fun with that little "peanut." Do I detect a nickname?

kelsey said...

Congratulations!

I like that Amy apparently wrote the last post just hours before having a baby.

Anonymous said...

Precious baby!! Greg, you are a lucky man to be surrounded by such beautiful women! Three is an adventure and blessing all wrapped into one. =)

Holli said...

Congratulations! Just missed my birthday by 2 days. :-) She is a beautiful addition to your family.

Megan said...

Oh she's so precious! Congratulations!

Chatty Family said...

Congratulations Lassens! We LOVE the middle name. It is Macey's too, spelled the SAME WAY! She is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Julia is beautiful, and I've always loved the name Julia - it suits her well! We're so happy for all of you.