

I wrote this post the day that Julia was born. The next day when the girls came to visit the hospital, we got some fun Molly pictures. So I replaced the original picture with these, since the Princess Molly picture - although one of the funniest Molly pictures of them all - is already posted in a past blog entry. (Comic relief on 6/30/07) Above you can see how interested Molly was in hanging out with the baby after about 5 minutes. At first she did look at her and say, "Hi baby, hi baby, hi baby." It was so cute. But then she started exploring around the room, did a few antics to make herself the center of attention (if for but a moment). Then came walking around the halls with Daddy, and finally the full-on melt down that sent she and Daddy home for lunch and a nap. So back to my original post...
I finally wrote down some more cute things that Molly has been doing/saying. Some of them are too funny.
She says "cluck, cluck" whenever I make chicken for dinner and set it on the table.
She likes to put random objects on her head and say "hat", until we notice what she is doing. (Tupperware lids, books, etc. - You name it, it's a hat.)
She will get in your face and say "BOO" if she wants your attention.
She says "bless you" ("etchoo" is how she pronounces it) if you sneeze OR cough - or if she sneezes or coughs herself.
Today she recognized the color yellow! She also called me "Mom" for the first time. Usually it is still "Mommy", but I remember when Elizabeth first said the shortened version of my name and I thought, "Oh shucks, my baby is growing up!" But since Elizabeth still says "Mommy" a lot, now I know that it is likely that Molly, too, will use the term "Mommy" for quite some time still. Even if it IS interspersed with "Mom".

No comments:
Post a Comment