It is looking like I will be delivering our baby sometime before next Weds., the 18th. The 18th is when I have my next appointment and I will go from my appointment to the hospital to have the baby, if she hasn't come before that. The concerns are twofold - #1, although I have been very fortunate to not have high blood pressure problems for this pregnancy, this morning I did have a borderline reading for the first time. It wasn't high enough to induce me right away, although at any time I will welcome the loss of the big, heavy tummy, belabored walking and breathing, the swollen feet, heartburn, and all the other fun symptoms of the last few weeks of pregnancy! But by next week, it will be time.
#2, I had Julia pretty much within an hour and, frankly, if this one comes that fast, I may not even make it to the hospital in time. AND - not that I'm against a homebirth. But not when I didn't plan on one. So I'm not really keen on taking a chance on having my baby at home or in the car when there is a way to control it. I don't know if next Wednesday will be early enough to avert this problem or not. I guess only time will tell. But today I was dilated to almost a 4. Isn't that enough in itself to send me to the hospital? But the caveat, according to my midwife, was that my effacement wasn't progressed enough along with it. So we're going to wait. Which is OK. I really do want to keep this baby in here as long as possible. But I think it's just that fear of getting to the hospital in time that is nagging at me.

2 comments:
I am super excited for you! Personally I think you should have the baby today, but obviously your midwife doesn't..boo! :) Let me know if you need anything AT ALL!! Just a phone call away!
good luck with everything Amy. I hope you can deliver in the hospital :). I was never dilated to a 4 until I had been on pitossin for hours. Funny how everyone is different.
We wish you the best. We look forward to photos of the new one - you know, in your spare time, which I am sure you will have a lot of :)
Post a Comment