Thursday, February 26, 2009

My life

So I thought it would be humorous to post what I have been doing this afternoon. Or maybe just crazy. But we got home from Joy School lunch and this is how it has gone...

Right before turning into the neighborhood, 2 year old falls asleep in car seat.
Once we get home, leave 4 year old in car because she can't climb past the sleeping 2 year old and must climb over the seat once the 15 month old and baby are unloaded.
Take 15 month old out of car and into house. Put into high chair to contain her for a few minutes while unloading rest of the troops.
Take sleeping baby into house.
Unload things from car while 4 year old climbs over seats and out of car.
Leave 2 year old sleeping in car.
Come inside and let 4 year old hold sleeping baby while I take 15 month old upstairs to take a nap. It's amazing the responsibilities that this 4 year old is assuming already. (She even will change the 15 month old's wet diapers now...because she wants to - I promise. Not because I have made her.)
Put 15 month old down for afternoon nap.
Go check on 2 year old in car.
Make something to eat and start eating it.
Put on video for 4 year old who is still holding sleeping baby - because she wants to be holding her. I have tried to relieve her of the responsibility, but she wants it.
Check on 2 year old.
Check monitor to see if 15 month old is asleep yet. (Nope.)
Get a call from pediatrician.
Call midwife.
Eat a little more.
Email husband.
Check 2 year old - she's up.
Bring her inside to watch last part of video with 4 year old.
Check other computer stuff.
Finish eating while at computer.
Download most recent pix to computer to see if any are blogworthy. Darn, can't get a good pix of the newborn!
Now things have settled down. (As in, I can sit down for a couple of minutes without having to get up and do something else.) And while I should really be resting because I have felt crummy the past couple of days, I am blogging instead.
Now time to feed baby and turn off TV. So blogging will just have to be my "resting" for this afternoon.
And so it goes...more exciting adventures to come! :-)

4 comments:

Katie said...

You are such an amazing mom/person! Holy cow you were busy and in such a short time too! I am so glad that Elizabeth is helping out and wants too..what a great older sister!

Holli said...

I was reading that thinking, "This sounds kind of familiar." Oh, right, because that's pretty much the story of my days too! But somehow we manage and love it too!

rachel said...

Wow Amy, I have four, but they are spread out over 8 years and I am overwhelmed. I admire you. I hope you can stay sane during it all!

Tacie Kerr said...

I'm so with you! It seems like forever since we've chatted - -how are you surviving?