Monday, February 16, 2009

The best Valentine's present

No. Anna wasn't born on Valentine's Day. But we enjoyed our first full day home from the hospital on Valentine's Day, along with both Grandma and Grandpa Perkins and Grandma Lassen. It was a wonderful day and we were so glad to be able to spend it with my mom and dad and Greg's mom too.

Greg did a good job on the announcement post. He said I would post details, but I'm not sure that everyone wants the play-by-play on the labor. So I'll save the real details for those who ask :-) But for a general summary, suffice it to say that everything turned out well. The epidural didn't amount to much, so I have become that much more familiar with natural labor pain. If I complained, no one would take pity on me - since it really only took an hour for both Julia and Anna to come. We are just glad that Anna is here and we can hold her in our arms and enjoy her! She has a head of dark, dark hair and has a super loud cry. Fortunately she doesn't cry that often :-) Mostly she just sleeps and we get to enjoy our peaceful little newborn.

Here are a couple of more pictures of Anna and some of the rest of the girls too. I'm still looking for a pix of Anna with her eyes open...I will post soon!

Sleeping Beauty

You can look, but don't touch :-)

Julia really is enamored with her little sister.  She starts getting excited and babbling when she sees Anna and often puts her arms out to hold her.  We were a little worried how she'd react to a new little peanut taking her place on mommy's lap, but we didn't need to be.  She is so cute with Anna.


Julia and her cute little Valentine's outfit...strolling around with her pink stroller and baby doll she got for Christmas.


This was priceless...Greg and the girls were downstairs on Saturday and came upstairs dressed like this. What a sport Daddy is for playing dress-up with his little princesses. Apparently he was dressed up as a witch - a nice witch, according to Elizabeth and Molly.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats, Amy and Greg! You're not going to be busy at all, are you? :-)

Katie said...

Thank you for posting more pictures! She is such a doll!! I am so glad that Julia is loving her. Isn't it amazing how much bigger Julia looks now that she has a younger sister? I never thought it would happen! Also, I can't wait to see her...but that will have to wait until my kids are over their colds. (but when can I bring you guys dinner?!) And it looks like your pictures are in the correct place on the blog..hope it lasts! :)